Colleen Barrett, President Emeritus of Southwest Airlines, began her career as an executive secretary—yet the company’s founder chose her to succeed him as president. When asked why, he said, “Because she knows how to love people to success.” Under Colleen Barrett’s leadership, Southwest thrived where competitors struggled. Her customers were loyal, her employees loved to work there, and the company was profitable year after year, for decades.
Lead with LUV is an extraordinary, wide-ranging conversation between Barrett and the legendary Ken Blanchard, coauthor of The One Minute Manager. Drawing on personal experience, Barrett and Blanchard reveal why leading with love is the most powerful way to lead, and how it can help you achieve exceptional levels of performance.
- What "love" really means in the organizational context.
- Why leading with love is not "soft" management!
- How to use redirection and tough love to handle inappropriate behavior or performance.
- Why "servant leadership" is love in action, and how to make it work.
- How to build the compelling vision and culture that sustains leadership with love.
"Ken and Colleen are excellent examples of inspired leadership—they lead from their souls."
~ Deepak Chopra, New York Times bestselling author of The Soul of Leadership
Category: Managing organizations
Publisher: Financial Times Press
Publication date: 2011
Product dimensions: 5.80(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.53(d)
Also available in audio and e-reader formats